1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime Minister Trudeau apologizes

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by ScottTriGuy, May 9, 2018.

1. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

LIVE ACTION SATURDAY!

Prime Minister Trudeau Apologizes to Canadians with ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtM1xMv8CoE

Okay, not quite yet -but wouldn't that be great?

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau needs to see Canadians with ME on Millions Missing Day on May 12th if we want to move meaningfully toward equitable health care and research funding.

Other Canadians need to see us on ME day too.

Be part of the effort to help PM Trudeau and others see ME now by joining our Visibility Action.this coming Saturday.

#JustinTrudeau #canyouseeMEnow?

On May 12th, we'll gather in downtown Toronto at the south-east corner of Bay & Bloor Streets (Bay subway station) from noon - 2pm for Millions Missing Canada's Visibility Action.

We'll be selling Millions Missing Canada t-shirts for $40 and Justin Trudeau masks for $15.

We will bring signs, shoes from the missing, shirts and Trudeau masks.

You bring your camera, yourself and as many family and friends as possible.

RSVP on our Facebook event page.

Be creative and bring items to represent the sick and missing: shoes, wheelchairs, bed on rollers, IV stand.

And make yourself comfortable: bring a folding chair or cushions to sit on. Remember, we would be marching in protest but we're too sick!

We will also be digitally recording messages to PM Trudeau from patients / carers / family / friends.

So think ahead of time about what you think our Prime Minister needs to see, hear and do about ME in Canada.

Maybe you want to tell him to do his job and ensure equitable health care and research funding for Canadians with ME. Maybe it's to stop the harm, fund the research, and start the treatment.

Whatever it is, the #CanadianPM needs to hear from YOU!

During and afterwards we will post pictures of our Visibility Action on social media along with others from around the world, to inundate social media and demonstrate the mass collective action for ME health equality!

Helen, MSEsperanza, Barry and 25 others like this.
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for this @ScottTriGuy

I hope you take care of yourself though all this--you seem to have been quite busy of late. :hug:

3. ScottTriGuy

I'm dreaming of May 13th with lots of horizontal time.

But every other patient that was at the conference that I've talked to has crashed, so I'm very lucky to be somewhat functional.

Joh, Invisible Woman, Dechi and 10 others like this.
  4. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm glad to hear you're still managing so far. The big effort near concluding.

I'd like to add that although I cannot attend my daughter, it just worked out this way, arrives for a visit here on the 12th and she will wear a MillionsMissing t-shirt from her home in the UK to on the train then tube then plane to here and my husband likewise will meet her at the airport in a MM shirt. They travel back by bus and subway so hopefully many, many views.

Joh, Invisible Woman, Allele and 11 others like this.
  5. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

With a Capital C :dead:

6. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@ScottTriGuy I had PEM but I wouldn’t call it a crash. I was totally destroyed when I got home, aching all over and mad headache.

I went to bed at 8pm and was k.o. the next day. But I left at 3, I couldn’t take it anymore. I think most people stayed until the end, and maybe even for the reception.

I’m not sure I would do it again. I think I would watch it from my couch.

Joh, Yessica, ScottTriGuy and 2 others like this.
  7. mlapenna

mlapenna Established Member (Voting Rights)

Happy to say I had a chance to visit Millions Missing in Toronto today.
    The team was focused on getting the word out.
    Its STILL an awareness issue.

Attached Files:

Joh, Yessica, ScottTriGuy and 4 others like this.
  8. ScottTriGuy

Oh, so sorry to hear you got slammed too - no doubt conducting the interview with Isabelle added to your exertion...and added much to our documentary, thank you for doing that.

I concur, from the couch is the way to watch for patients - we'll have to push hard for accessibility via Livestreaming, but its a deserving push so folks aren't crashing unnecessarily.

Joh, Yessica, Milo and 3 others like this.
  9. ScottTriGuy

Great to connect with you...how did I not get you on Facebook Live to get the word out about your site?

For others, our Facebook Live video from downtown Toronto...fighting for funding...and fighting back tears....

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Joh, Yessica, Chris and 3 others like this.
  10. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You’re welcome ! When is the documentary coming out ?

Yessica and Invisible Woman like this.
  11. ScottTriGuy

We've got enough footage know to make a sizzler to shop around, so we'll hopefully establish a production schedule soon, then after that will be the editing / post production process, then the distribution plan will emerge...so a long while...but we'll be using clips in other social media in the interim.

Joh, Dechi, andypants and 4 others like this.
  12. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Only just found this:
    "
    Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities Awareness Day
    May 12, 2018
    WHEREAS Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities are chronic illnesses that have the potential to substantially limit function and impact the quality of life.

Community efforts by organizations and individuals help to raise hope, awareness and funds for research to find treatment options for this disease.

The City of Toronto supports organizations and individuals committed to raising awareness about diseases, conditions and illnesses that affect all Canadians. Through education, fundraising and support, the health and well-being of our communities are improved.

NOW THEREFORE, I, Mayor John Tory, on behalf of Toronto City Council, do hereby proclaim May 12, 2018 as “Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Environmental Sensitivities/Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Awareness Day” in the City of Toronto."

https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...of-greeting/proclamations/proclamations-2018/

Inara, Joh, petrichor and 1 other person like this.
  13. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very nice. I would consider it symbolic but perhaps in future years based on this we could ask the mayor to make a public statement which someone i know might film? :thumbup:

Inara likes this.