1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

PPS new name for MUS - Integrated Care for People with Persistent Physical Symptoms 02/10/2018

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Nov 16, 2018.

1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And I thought PPS stood for Post Polio Syndrome. :rolleyes:

Trish likes this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

When I read PPS, in the way they use the acronym, what I am thinking is FFS. The more polite interpretation of FFS is For Freak's Sake. The less polite form is pithier.

3. obeat

obeat Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In 2013 Newton was considering a trial of exercise therapy in primary biliary cirrhosis. In PBC antimitochondrial antibodies are present. The trial never happened presumably because concerns about GET became more vocal ( my interpretation) Unraveling the biological mechanisms of fatigue is complex but it occurs in so many illnesses that it ought to be a top priority.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Trish and ladycatlover like this.
  4. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think JN is too happy t associate with these people and is ambiguous in her papers and approach to exercise, eg at a recent CMRC she was supportive of the poles doing a get trial, and hinted that the lack of patients knowledge/prejudice about it over there might be interesting

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    ladycatlover, Trish and obeat like this.