1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxfordshire ME Group for Action (OMEGA) Experiences of Children with ME July 2018

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Dolphin, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Valuable information here with comments in line with our experience of treatment of young people with ME in Australia and NZ. I hope that NICE decision-makers will read it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I' ve only read the executive summary which seems to confirm lived experience throughout UK.
    Important for all our charities to be fully aware of the actuality of life, and the particular vulnerabilities of children and families.
    @Russell Fleming @Action for M.E.

4. Action for M.E.

Action for M.E. Established Member (Voting Rights)

Thank for you for highlighting this @Amw66, I will share with the team here.

Barry, Amw66 and Trish like this.
  5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Children and families need more support over chronic fatigue, says ME charity

AN OXFORD mother has backed a charity’s calls for more support for children in the county suffering from the chronic fatigue condition ME.

Iona Fabian from Aston has said doctors, schools and social services must be more informed over the condition which has affected her 20-year-old daughter, Zoe, for the last eight years.

In a recent report, Oxfordshire ME Group for Action (OMEGA) found that medical professionals were often poorly trained in recognising the condition and as a result were unable to offer appropriate support and treatment."

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...eed-more-support-over-me-says-oxford-charity/

Hutan, adambeyoncelowe and Amw66 like this.