1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

OMF Funds ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Uppsala

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by John Mac, Mar 27, 2019.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Received this email from OMF

inox, ahimsa, WillowJ and 23 others like this.
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is really good news, especially getting something major going in a country outside the USA. The research sounds interesting, I’m glad they have funds for it and on top of the Australian news it’s been quite a positive day for ME.

petrichor, Aroa, Skycloud and 12 others like this.
  3. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've been meaning to ask - have there been any metabolic studies of cerebral spinal fluid yet? I remember hearing about one, I think but I can't remember.

andypants likes this.
  4. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

OMF is totally serious about curing ME.

5. Obermann

Obermann Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There was one study about proteomics in the cerebrospinal fluid. Professor Bergquist was a coauthor:
    Schutzer SE, Angel TE, Liu T, et al. Distinct Cerebrospinal Fluid Proteomes Differentiate Post-Treatment Lyme Disease from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. PLoS One. 2011;6(2):e17287.

The article is open access: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0017287

Lisa108, andypants, Amw66 and 2 others like this.
  6. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Dr Natelson talked about his current studies on the CDC call recently. He has already collected CSF samples to do a proteomics study.
    https://www.s4me.info/threads/march-11th-cdc-conference-call.8281/#post-149855

7. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The local newspaper Upsala Nya Tidning has an article about the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center today.

Forskning kring ME får centrum i Uppsala
    google translation: Research into ME gets a center in Uppsala

The Uppsala Center will be the third funded by the Open Medicine Foundation and the first to be located outside the US. The first two are linked to Stanford university and Harvard university.

- However, our center is much smaller than these, at least initially. The funds will initially be used to finance a doctoral student service, which is the first of its kind in Swedish ME research, says Jonas Bergquist.

The three centers will cooperate with each other, although based on a small number of different research profiles. The platform in Uppsala will primarily research around so-called biomarkers in the spinal fluid in patients with ME.

inox, Sly Saint, petrichor and 8 others like this.
  8. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

just randomly looking at stuff on 'exosomes' and came across this reference (2018)
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180613113753.htm

rvallee, andypants, Amw66 and 2 others like this.