1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Allergic Rhinitis

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by dreampop, Feb 14, 2019.

1. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I see Cort Johnson has written an article about nasal congestion, non allergic rhinitis and facial pain as it relates to me/cfs. The underlied text is hyperlinked to it. I will try to read it in the next few days.

I do see the name Baraniuk, though, who has written the only research paper on nasal symptoms in me/cfs. That paper can be found in the first post at the top of this thread. Hopefully he's continued to research it!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have suffered for years with sinus headaches, runny nose believed to be from allergies, ear aches, coughing and clearing my throat a lot. It turns out that it is LPR (also known as silent reflux) that is the cause. When I watch what I eat the headache dulls down and my runny nose and cough disappear. I had seen six ENTS and had six CT scans over the years and every doctor missed the LPR. It was ENT number seven, a much younger and more recently trained ENT, that diagnosed the LPR.

Chezboo, Annamaria and Trish like this.
  3. DigitalDrifter

DigitalDrifter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In my parents house me and my brother would have a runny nose all the time that got worse in winter. Later in 2004 I got a Flixonase nasal spray to control this symptom. When we moved out our symptoms cleared up. I strongly suspect it was an allergy to specific moulds.

4. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have chronic nasal congestion that directly correlates with my M.E. another niggle to bordering on an outright annoyance when I generally feel really unwell.

Lidia, Trish and Annamaria like this.
  5. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Anytime a doctor looks in my nose with whatever that device is called, they always say "Oh, I see you have bad allergies," to which I reply, "I do?"

Sure, I sniffle and sneeze occasionally, but no more than anyone else, so far as I know.

Yessica, TigerLilea and Trish like this.