1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Neutralization of AAB Targeting G-Protein Coupled Receptors Improves Capillary Impairment and fatigue ... after COVID-19 Infection, 2021, Hohberger

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Ryan31337, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Which ones? There are so many! ;)

merylg, MSEsperanza, FMMM1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Marky

Marky Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not sure, they said so in their new published hypophesis. Not sure if they specified

3. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Merged thread
    Diagnose und Therapie von ME/CFS: Was lässt sich aus Long COVID lernen?
    Google Translate: Diagnosing and treating ME/CFS: what can be learned from Long COVID?
    A better translation

This one is rather interesting. The team at Erlangen gave BC-007 to an ME patient, and she experienced dramatic improvement:

This is sure to increase the attention BC-007 has been attracting over the past year or so. While I'm not incredibly hyped, we all want to see a trial to see if these dramatic anecdotes stand up to actual science. Also, what's with them giving unapproved drugs to people outside trials? Is this common in Europe?

Edit: I hope this thread is in the right place. I'm new here.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2022
    Simon M, cfsandmore, Wyva and 3 others like this.
  4. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

See also an article on BC-007 by Cort Johnson in Health Rising, Dec 30 2021
    Berlin Cures…? Could BC 007 Help With Long COVID and ME/CFS?” See https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...in-cures-long-covid-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

5. borko2100

borko2100 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I do find some of the autoimmunity theories out there quite compelling, especially the one by prof. Scheibenbogen. However, something that needs to be reconciliated is the fact that immune suppressing drugs have failed to show results (Rituximab, Corticosteroids, etc.). I do not know how, but maybe there could be some explanation. A layman hypothesis of mine is that maybe the autoimmunity in CFS is driven by a part of the immune system those drugs can not target, possibly some part of it that is even unknown to current day science.

As far as BC-007 goes, I do have hopes for it, but I wouldn't keep them too high. Namely the evidence so far is quite scant. That being said, we must absolutely follow these reports up with trials and I think they are doing that already.

merylg and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  6. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The three blinded RCTs of hydrocortisone did show an effect, though the medical community deemed it not worth the side effects.

FMMM1, Wyva, livinglighter and 3 others like this.
  7. borko2100

borko2100 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Didn't know that. That seems like quite an important finding then that is not talked about. If they deemed it not worth the sides then the effect was probably not that great though, hence why it is not talked about.

That being said, corticosteroids working does resonate with my personal experience. Namely, I mentioned in other threads that I benefit from being under stress or triggering a fight / flight response, albeit with the risk of PEM later. I always attributed this to cortisol and / or adrenaline release.

NelliePledge likes this.
  8. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If the autoimmunity is very specific and subtle, such as just creation of the autoantibodies that BC-007 targets, could that explain it?