1. UC Berkeley is crowdfunding to support another year of David Tuller's work. To donate click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. To read our 'News in Brief' post for w/c 15th April click here.
    Dismiss Notice

NDIS: NDIA meeting with Emerge and ME Australia

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by MyalgicE, Mar 30, 2019.

1. MyalgicE

MyalgicE Established Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Milo, Esther12, Wonko and 15 others like this.
  2. MyalgicE

MyalgicE Established Member (Voting Rights)

Emerge is again asking the Minister about List B, but CEO Heidi Nicoll specifically asked his department already, in our meeting and already received an answer.

They explained to us they don’t use List B any more in assessing applications. It was something from when they first started up, produced by the Productivity Commission.

Heidi persisted and they explained they judge on a person’s level of functioning, not their diagnosis (and went on to explain further).

Not sure why Emerge keeps asking, so I’ve asked Heidi to clarify.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 5:19 AM
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know much about the Australian situation, but this from 2018 refer to 'list B' as if it's still an issue:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329444535_MECFS_NDIS_and_the_disability_hurdle

Do you know if the Larun Cochrane review is being used to justify claims about GET's efficacy with NDIA? How might this be affecting patients?

The above source says:

rvallee likes this.