1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Misrepresentation of ME/CFS in Media Images: A Picture Tells a 1,000 Words. What Story Are We Telling?, 2021, McMillan et al [and 2022 update]

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sly Saint, Sep 18, 2021.

1. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I know what you mean @Wyva about so few advocates. In my experience, politicians rarely hear from ME advocates. There are so few, they are sick, and trying, on top of ME advocacy to keep some semblance of household going, maybe some engagement with friends and family etc., etc.

Some close to pwME also advocate, but there again as we know, they are often employed, and may use a lot of their off work hours for caregiving.

2. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My aunt died of pancreatic cancer with the common 4 months from diagnosis to death. For over three of those months she looked marvellous. Her granddaughter fixed her hair and gave her clothes to wear since she had lost so much weight. No chemo, no hair loss.

It is all just prejudice born of ignorance.

RedFox, MEMarge, DokaGirl and 4 others like this.
  3. TheBassist

TheBassist Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The only question they should be asking is whether the images are representative