1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maureen Hanson talk at OMF Symposium 2019

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sarah94, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Stuart

Stuart Established Member (Voting Rights)

It is $1500 for 25mg. Even a milligram a day would be too expensive.

Annamaria and Sarah94 like this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I guess the 'genius' category might include viruses that appear to cause something relatively minor – like EBV and glandular fever/mono – but actually could underlie much more serious conditions, without anyone suspecting a thing? No-one's going to spend billions on a bug that makes teenagers feel crap for a bit, they're just glad of the peace and quiet!

Mij, TiredSam, Amw66 and 5 others like this.
  3. stefanosstef

stefanosstef New Member

That is because the source you are looking is a monopoly.It is a simple peptide, it shouldn't be too expensive.
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.7724838.normalList.2.41b82865qFo1u3

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.7724838.normalList.15.41b82865qFo1u3

Either I remember terribly wrong or the price skyrocketed from that seller.There is another source (the 2nd link) but the seller is new.If that turns out to be a therapy I believe the price will drop as many will manufacture it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  4. Stuart

Stuart Established Member (Voting Rights)

Alibaba is sourcing it from a Chinese company Chengdu Youngshe Chemical Co., Ltd., I am not certain what the rules would be for importing it or using it for a prescription medication.

I would think Szeto-Schller would have a patent on their Tetrapeptides, so if any of them did become the basis of useful medicines they would benefit.

We've seen what happens when something needful gets acquired by an investor or by a Pharmaceutical company that simply decides that 10x increase is well within what the market will bear.

I also wonder if this is pharmaceutical grade for ingestion or injection, however it is intended for administering.

Youngshe Chem only makes Cosmetic Active Ingredient:

Cosmetic Peptides

Our cosmetic peptides below (in powder form) can be directly incorporated in gel, cream, serum , lotion, essence , emulsion, shampoo for your cosmetics making.

szeto-schiller peptides/D-Arg-Dmt-Lys-Phe-NH2

FOB Reference Price:Get Latest Price

$2,000.00 - $4,000.00 / Grams | 0.1 Gram/Grams (Min. Order)

5. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I seem to recall that Dr Davies said the SS-31 peptide is easy to make, and they were making their own – have I got that right? Obviously, it would be subject to patent if used as a treatment, but it sounded as if it isn't expensive for experimental work.

6. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There were several brain autopsies performed on deceased ME patients that indicated enterovirus infection in brain tissue (autopsy) that was never detected in the blood or stomach biopsies as this was the case with one of Dr. Chia's patient. I'm not saying that chronic infection doesn't occur in everyone diagnosed with ME. We won't know who has this infection until we die.

Annamaria, ScottTriGuy, Amw66 and 2 others like this.
  7. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They also found VP1 in muscle tissue and it might have been found in gut tissue as well.

Annamaria and Amw66 like this.
  8. dan6000

dan6000 New Member

Does anyone know if there is there a link to the Sept 2019 Stanford videos ?

9. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum @dan6000.

Wigglethemouse gave a link to the videos on Facebook on the main thread for the Stanford videos (click on the blue arrow).
    The link doesn't work for me but then I'm not on Facebook. I think we are waiting for OMF to make the videos available on You Tube.

dan6000 likes this.
  10. dan6000

dan6000 New Member

Thanks. I am not on Facebook either so I guess I'll just have to wait for OMF to put the videos on their Youtube channel.

Hutan likes this.
  11. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Part 1:

Part 2:

dan6000 and Hutan like this.
  12. butter.

butter. Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There must be a way around this.

I do believe Enterovirus is causative for many.

Annamaria and Mithriel like this.