1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lyme: another sad story, but a new app for areas with infected ticks

Discussion in 'Infections: Lyme, Candida, EBV ...' started by Helen, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

BBC interview with a Lyme victim who has a story that too many of us recognize.
    It also triggered ME/CFS in her case.

The good news is that there is, or will be, an app where people can find out if infected ticks have been found in certain places or areas.

I´d be very interested in this app, if someone can find it for us. Hopefully it covers the whole world and could be developed to involve other tick-borne infections that can be localized with certainty.

'A small bite changed my whole world'
    Ye*n L*au says she was "living her best life" until a small bite turned her world upside down.

The 32-year-old, from Glasgow, got Lyme disease after being bitten by a tick on a camping trip to Loch Lomond.

After her health deteriorated she was misdiagnosed with having chronic fatigue and a pain disorder.

An app is now being created to map where ticks bites and Lyme disease have been detected."

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-scotland-49448615/a-small-bite-changed-my-whole-world

2. pteropus

pteropus Senior Member (Voting Rights)