1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get 'Voices from the Shadows' viewed by more people

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Jun 7, 2018.

1. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

shak8, andypants, rvallee and 2 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

JaimeS, rvallee and JaneL like this.
  3. Sly Saint

In case others were unaware;
    Voices from the Shadows is available in 8 languages
    "
    Voices from the Shadows has been translated into eight languages and subtitled in Swedish, Spanish, Dutch, German, French, Italian, German and Japanese.

The translators are volunteers and are either people with ME/CFS or relatives of patients. This has taken dedication and a long time, as some are only able to concentrate for short periods of time and needed to spread the work over many months. Some are professional translators, but others are not. Most translations have had input from several people, including professionals in different areas, to ensure the translations are as accurate as possible."
    http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/translators/

DVDs are available:
    NOTE: "They are not licensed for public screenings"

details of how to purchase here:

http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/2013/new-dvds-now-available-with-subtitles/

eta: There don't appear to be translations for Norwegian, Danish or Finish so maybe there are people here who might like to contact the VftS team and offer to help on that score?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  4. Sly Saint

"DVDs are not currently available to buy.

Please remember this film is not suitable for children and young people with ME who may be distressed by viewing it. It is intended to educate those who are not familiar with the illness and issues surrounding it.

The film is in English with subtitles in Swedish, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, Czech, German, Japanese and English.

The original 1 hour film is available to view free of charge on Vimeo
    To go to Vimeo click here and enter the promo code VOICES"

http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/

@Natalie is there copyright on the soundtrack to Vfts?
    Just think that the story of what happened to Sofia Mirza as told by her mother and Sofias recording when she was removed from her home is very powerful; (just listened to it again and it made me cry, and get angry). A slightly abridged, sound only, version would be good for 'sharing'.

(@Adam pwme )

alktipping, EzzieD, MEMarge and 4 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Someone has asked me if I know how to access the film Voices from the Shadows. I had a look at the link and can't work out where to enter the code VOICES, as described above.

Help!

6. Sly Saint

it's been a while but if I remember correctly you sign up as though you were going to rent it but then when you come to pay you enter the promo code VOICES and it goes through as free.

7. Sly Saint