1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

How it feels to be exhausted 24 hours a day...article in The Sunday Times Magazine

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Daisybell, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

2. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It could just be a Google search thing. I know lots of writers who are teachers, for instance, who use a very easy-to-decipher pen name not because they want to remain anonymous, but just so that people Googling their name (especially their surname) won't easily find things that might be used or distributed at school.

3. Lucibee

Lucibee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I can sort of understand wanting to maintain a level of anonymity, even if only illusory. Being "out there" can be quite scary. I guess being slightly pseudonymous makes it less likely you'll receive an unmanageable barrage of messages.

He did contact me when I name-checked him on Twitter, but I think he realises that others had already worked out who he was and there is a lot of support for his story.

ukxmrv, rvallee, MeSci and 10 others like this.
  4. Squeezy

Squeezy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just read his original article on Medium. Bloody excellent. :emoji_clap:

5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That would give him credibility with The Times.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if it made it progress faster. That is sort of the opposite of pacing. :hug:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  6. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

34 comments, all supportive so far, the only guy who wrote a silly one has deleted it again.

Excellent article. A pity journalists have to be personally affected before they start writing sensible articles about ME. I wouldn't wish ME on anyone, but it's a sad fact that after decades of neglect, most journalists, doctors, researchers, politicians, even perhaps insurance company executives only seem capable of changing their views or listening to sufferers when they are personally affected. Even heads of certain charities.

EzzieD, rvallee, Lucibee and 7 others like this.