1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Great interview: "From Fit Nurse To ME Warrior"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Joh, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow, she's great! Let's invite her over here :hug:

alktipping, adambeyoncelowe and Joh like this.
  3. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you for posting this video @Joh. It's one of the best interviews and explanations of the experience of this illness that I've seen. Ashanti is sitting up and engaged throughout the interview, surely she paid heavily for it days afterwards. She reiterates time and again that "fatigue" is a misnomer and does not cover the depth of this illness. Her background as a mother, NICU nurse, and fitness buff give her a lot of credibility in battling the pre-conceived assumptions some people have about people with ME.

4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh dear, her daughter has set up a GoFundMe so that she can go to Optimum Health Institute for alternative treatment.

Emotional detoxification
    Learn how to feel, process, and understand the important role your emotions play in creating and maintaining health and well-being. Discover the healing power of forgiveness.

Mental detoxification
    Learn how beliefs, thoughts, and emotions can make you sick. Learn how to cancel, reframe, and replace negative thoughts with positive ones to facilitate the healing process. Develop a mindfulness practice for maintaining a positive attitude – gratitude, affirmations, visualization, journaling, and living in the present.

5. FreeSarah

FreeSarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yikes, someone should tell her it isn't the promised land. In fairness, for someone in a country with zero acknowledgement of ME, looking at the OHI's website might feel like it's exactly that.

That website is odd. The guy running it wants to help you "become the alpha in your life that you are destined to be".

And I notice 5 comments underneath the article, all of which appear to be the work of bots.

6. Joh

She already was there. She's only diagnosed for a year and went there very early on. She collapsed afterwards and apparently since than is worse than before, needing a wheelchair (says one of the go fund me entries).
    Her latest treatment was IVIG.

The guy running it who did the interview is also a nurse (and livecoach or something), I guess the nurse thing is why she reached out to him.

7. Joh

The website linked to her Instagram account