1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Free nasal microbiome test/study at uBiome

Discussion in 'Nutrition, food sensitivity, microbiome treatments' started by adreno, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Whew! :emoji_cold_sweat:

Joh likes this.
  2. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Feeling frustrated. I can't follow the instructions to activate the kit ( I did the swabs this morning and need to send off today). I don't know if I have to pay more money to send back either.

Can anyone walk me through
    1. How to activate kit? I can't see anything on the page where to activate.
    2. How do I get to the survey (what buttons do I push) to get there?

I'll have another try.

Inara likes this.
  3. Inara

If I remember correctly, you had to register. Then you log in with your eMail adress and password.

There appears a loading page which loads and loads... On the top right there's a menu button. After clicking you find "Activate Kit". Then you enter the code.

I hope it works.

AliceLily likes this.
  4. AliceLily

Thanks @Inara I think what has thrown me is that I have lost the password that I used. I bet I wrote it on a piece of paper then got distracted and have lost it.

I did try their option "forgot your password"?. But something popped up so quickly I couldn't read it before it was gone.

So brain fogged. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should create another account. I have sent off an email to them. I try again.

Inara likes this.
  5. Inara

Normally, you get a new password sent via eMail. Did you check, also in the spam?

AliceLily likes this.
  6. AliceLily

It's not in the spam folder. I have tried again to get a new password but nothing is coming to me via email and they do a pop up message that appears for a few seconds and disappears before you have time to read it all.

I think I will just have to forget about posting this off today and go relax. I can't deal with this at this time of the morning and I have things I have to get done before the bad weather comes today.

Thanks @Inara for the to and fro. x

Inara likes this.
  7. Inara

Sounds shitty, @Rosie. Sorry I couldn't help :(

AliceLily likes this.
  8. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If you live outside of the US of A then you have to pay to ship the test kit back to CA. If you live in the US then the postage is pre-paid.

To activate your kit, go to https://ubiome.com/ and scroll down to "Already have a kit? Create an account and register your kit." Once you've activated your kit on-line you can do the survey.

EzzieD and AliceLily like this.
  9. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I didn't see anywhere to tell them of existing medical conditions--did anyone else find this?

Inara and AliceLily like this.
  10. AliceLily

@TigerLilea So I just pay postage at my end at the post office and post? For some reason I thought I had to pay 'ubiome' again for return. Anyway, I have emailed them again for clarity on return postage.

I have really found the site hard to follow - probably just me. They are very helpful by email though.

Yes, I found out I had to create an account this morning, after all. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  11. AliceLily

@Allele I thought the same with the first lot of questions. I then saw there was another section after that "History questionare" or something similar.

So I clicked on that. Oh boy, there is a ton of questions to be answered there. I filled one section and started another but had to leave it unfinished and thought I would come back to it another day. I went back in about 15 minutes ago to check if I could find it and I couldn't. So will have to hunt around another day.

Inara and Allele like this.
  12. TigerLilea

If you live in the US, the kit and postage was free both ways. If you live outside of the US, then you had to pay $19.99 (US $) to uBiome for them to mail the kit to you, and you pay the postage your end to return the sample vials back to uBiome in California.

13. AliceLily

Thanks @TigerLilea :thumbsup: :hug:

TigerLilea likes this.
  14. TigerLilea

My Sniffle-ome test kit is done and in the mail. I did the on-line survey, however, there is no where to indicate that I have ME/CFS. I was hoping that there was that option as I'd be curious to see how my results compare to other people with this condition.

@Rosie It only cost me $6.00 Cdn to return the samples to CA.

15. AliceLily

@TigerLilea Same here. I couldn't see anywhere to mention that I had ME/CFS. I came across another section after that though, with heaps of questions in each category. From memory there looked to be about 10 or more categories with many questions in each. I only completed one and a half of, so far.

I sent my test kit off today as well. It cost me $14. My sinuses aren't as bad as a week ago but still feel like there is infection there so hopefully it will still pick it up.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Inara likes this.
  16. TigerLilea

I completed most of the sections, but there wasn't anywhere to add that I have ME/CFS. :(

17. AliceLily

I will mention it to them in email if I can't find it either.

Inara and TigerLilea like this.
  18. TigerLilea

I heard from uBiome this afternoon that they received my Sniffle-ome samples. Yeah! So now I'm wondering how long it takes before they analyze it??

ukxmrv, Inara and AliceLily like this.
  19. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Me too, TigerLilea. Looking forward to seeing our results!

Inara, TigerLilea and AliceLily like this.
  20. TigerLilea

I'm looking forward to our results, also, Allele. I read over on their FB page that results generally take 6 to 8 weeks.

AliceLily and Inara like this.