1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

FITNET's Internet-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is Ineffective... by Ghatineh and Vink

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by janice, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum @Docsimsim. It's great to have you here, and well done on your work for people with ME.

EzzieD, Skycloud, JohnM and 10 others like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Welcome @Docsimsim .
    I read your paper via PR last year -from the mother if a teenager affected it was much appreciated.

I think at the time i commented that cbt was deployed on the same basis that French is still the main second language taught in schools- not because it is remotely of any use, but because we have lots of people trained to teach it.

Sadly it looks as though we are heading towards extending the infrastructure and staff to deal with lots of other relabelled illnesses too - especially sad when recent research questions the efficacy of standard cbt ( not even the special kind ) .

It' s a bit like Stalin renaming towns in a revisionist historical stance.
    Sadly i think psychology is heading the same way as phrenology...

Art Vandelay, TiredSam, JohnM and 5 others like this.
  3. Jan

Jan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Welcome to S4ME @Docsimsim so glad you've joined us :)

4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Hi @Docsimsim, welcome to the forum. Thank you for you excellent papers that help in the fight against the BPS travesty of science that does so much harm.

It's great to have more good scientists joining us. I am sorry that you are so sick. Let's hope the good biomedical science find something to help us all soon.

EzzieD, JohnM, Indigophoton and 6 others like this.
  5. Docsimsim

Docsimsim Established Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you, yes I agree on your analogy re CBTese and French as second language. Really sorry to hear that your teenage daughter has ME. Sending you my best wishes and a virtual hug to your daughter too xx

6. Amw66

TiredSam and ladycatlover like this.
  7. chicaguapa

chicaguapa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My daughter has been having weekly CBT for over 6 months. It's been great for her to have that support where so little is available from elsewhere, but it's had zero effect on her illness.

EzzieD, ladycatlover, Jan and 3 others like this.
  8. Amw66

If you have a good therapist it can be good at confidence building and validation. Unfortunately our experience at CAMHS after bullying ( pre ME) was pretty awful.

ladycatlover, chicaguapa and Jan like this.