1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ETUDE: Encompassing Training in fUnctional Disorders across Europe

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Science for ME has been good at launching petitions. Can we make a petition that asks the EU to stop funding psychosomatic research of this kind?

With enough signatures, the psychosomatic theorists will have a harder time to convince the EU commission to give them any more money. Maybe it will even result in a sudden stop of ongoing funding.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    rvallee, shak8 and Trish like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

On their website there's a short series of podcasts which the students on the project made on each of the six monthly occasions when they gathered together to be taught about how to diagnose functional somatic disorders and tell each other about their research. I listened to a couple. They come across as eager young students keen to learn and do good research and naively parroting all the stuff they've been told by the likes of Carson, Stone, Burton, Rossmalen et al. who are their supervisors.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    RedFox, Sean and shak8 like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Speechless

Sean, shak8 and Trish like this.
  4. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Somehow academia never strikes me as very welcoming of critical thinking. At least not these fields.

rvallee, RedFox, Trish and 1 other person like this.