1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller: Trial By Error: Australian Draft Report Seeks Comment

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Australian Draft Report Seeks Comments

In an eagerly awaited draft report, an Australian advisory committee on ME/CFS has called for the development of up-to-date domestic clinical guidelines and an increase in biomedical research into the pathophysiology of the illness. The draft report, which could have a major impact on health policy going forward, also highlights the potentially dangerous impacts of graded exercise therapy, the international controversy over the PACE trial and the challenges that Australian patients confront accessing federal disability benefits.

TiredSam, Atle, oldtimer and 16 others like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A Tuller post on Christmas day? We must have been really good this year for Santa to work such wonders! I think I'll save this for when I open the rest of my presents.

Hutan, wdb, Dolphin and 8 others like this.
  4. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Excellent, as always.

Given it was an Australian whose courage and determination has enabled so much progress over the last couple of years, wouldn't it be good if this Australian advisory committee could truly do right by PwME. Another chance to set a great example.

5. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ha! It's Christmas Eve here. Anyway, I'm Jewish. Might even be a Christmas Day post!

Hutan, 2kidswithME, meg22 and 23 others like this.
  6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wasn't Lloyd on some TV program where he was basically calling for this process to avoid re-doing the guidelines, and instead call for more widespread training?

I think I can be more pessimistic than Tuller in my reading of documents like these (maybe I spend too much time comparing them to what they should be, rather than to where things were a decade ago), but it does seem the Lloyd didn't get what he wanted, and that can only be a good thing.

Inara, Hutan, EzzieD and 5 others like this.
  7. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

yes.

Inara, MeSci, Esther12 and 2 others like this.