1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller lecture: CFS (aka ME) - Challenging the accepted dogma through research journalism

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It seems more like automated to be listened to later (with powerpoint).
    Just to be clear i'm not complaining, perhaps i just like seeing as well as hearing (the difference between radio and TV).

Trish and BruceInOz like this.
  2. oldtimer

oldtimer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @dave30th! I thought it was a terrific talk.
    It took me a few sessions to get through because I needed to stop for breaks so I didn't miss anything due to my brain giving up. Personally, I really liked not being distracted by anything extraneous to watch - except the slides which I found helped enormously to keep on track.

3. Peter

Peter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks, David for a great talk on PACE. I like the very important final comment: you just dont give patients bad science because there is nothing else to offer them. That is what it is all about. Pointing at and highlighting all the troublesome flaws is really important, and at the end of the day this is what PACE is all about. It is not “only” bogus in theory, but it directly harm patients with long lasting and often irreversible effect. Thinking of the human costs and the costs of society is beyond words.

Esther12, Allele, Trish and 4 others like this.