1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller - Discusses M.E./C.F.S and the UK Medical Establishment. 19 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by John Mac, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Unfortunately I was too ill to make the journey this weekend. Bedbound while waiting for some scans.
    I look forward to reading how it went. Disappointing not to hear David and see the S4ME members.

Lisa108, JaneL, Joh and 9 others like this.
  2. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And it was only one-sided printing so there were more pieces, although it was worse for the environment.

3. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Sean, Lisa108, Binkie4 and 8 others like this.
  4. 2kidswithME

2kidswithME Established Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks to everyone who came, especially @dave30th of course! we from OMEGA felt it went well, there was lots of interaction before and after, and we had to stop the q&a session so as to finish more or less on time. I found David much more entertaining than I’d expected, and appreciated getting a thorough overview of the LP trial. And he ended with his ‘academic performance art’ of tearing up the printed copy.

We had specially invited local contacts who might be interested and one in particular showed up, as @Andy mentioned, so a lot of networking happened. Sadly no one from the local ME service attended, although we had invited. (There is no longer a GP with a special interest so it’s entirely run by OTs with very mixed reviews.)

Priscilla, OMEGA chair

5. 2kidswithME

6. 2kidswithME

7. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

8. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

2kidswithME, Nellie, Andy and 3 others like this.
  9. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Lightning Process Trial: A Saga of Very Bad Research--and Even Worse Editorial Decisions

A talk by David Tuller, DrPH Senior Fellow in Public Health and Journalism Center for Global Public Health School of Public Health University of California, Berkeley. David discusses the scandal of the poor research continuing to inform treatment policies for patients with ME/CFS. In this talk he focuses on the numerous failings of Esther Crawley's latest trial on the effectiveness of The Lightning Process for adolescents with ME/CFS. Oxford, England: October 19, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUwU-e79hPk

Liessa, EzzieD, JellyBabyKid and 10 others like this.
  10. 2kidswithME

Thanks @Sly Saint for posting this link. The lighting in the room wasn’t great, unfortunately, but something is better than nothing! Grateful to our member who undertook this project in her own time.

Priscilla, OMEGA Chair

rvallee, Sly Saint, MEMarge and 5 others like this.