1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cytotoxic Profiling of Endogenous Metabolites Relevant to CFIDS on p53 Variant Human Colon Carcinoma Cell Lines, 2018, Vukmirovic et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full title: Cytotoxic Profiling of Endogenous Metabolites Relevant to Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) on p53 Variant Human Colon Carcinoma Cell Lines
    Open access at http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1559325818790999

Inara and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  2. Londinium

Londinium Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have major brain fuzz today but cannot see from my read-through much of a link with ME/CFS/CFIDS - they just state that the metabolites they've tested are 'implicated in CFIDS' without so much as a citation. Weird.

JaimeS and Inara like this.
  3. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This looks as though they wanted that sweet, sweet CFIDS money and figured mentioning ME was enough to count. :rolleyes:

[Edit: in the newsletter I was more circumspect, but this really burns my biscuits. Is cancer funding so scarce that a research group has to take money from small ME charities? Shameful.]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    andypants and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The National CFIDS Foundation tends to look for researchers to do studies based on the theories of their scientific director.

andypants, adambeyoncelowe and Milo like this.
  5. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good to know! Still -- there is literally nothing here. I'm sure their scientific director wanted them to look into the relationship between cancer and ME, not do a study on cancer but mention ME in one, single sentence of their paper (and the title!)

Wonko and adambeyoncelowe like this.