Covid-19 vaccines and vaccinations

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by hinterland, Dec 3, 2020.

1. lunarainbows

lunarainbows Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kitty, MEMarge, Wits_End and 2 others like this.
  2. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't think that mine have ever worn masks. Nor to my memory have any other deliverers. The only people to have worn masks (apart from me when I remember!) are the people conducting Covid tests, and even they didn't at first.

3. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

According to this document, they should have vaccinated all housebound patients in groups 1-6 by 14th March:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavi...-steps-and-plans-for-weeks-of-8-and-15-march/

Yessica, Kitty, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  4. lunarainbows

lunarainbows Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yessica, Kitty, MEMarge and 7 others like this.
  5. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Zoe study on covid vaccines and the immune system which I registered with (but have failed to log my reactions consistently- I do have my own notes but hadn't transferred them) has published data suggesting that side effects are more severe after first Oxford vaccine dose compared to Pfizer, but the reverse for the second dose. Lecture is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCDpIKBhCY

hinterland, Kitty, Wits_End and 3 others like this.
  6. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I’ll give this one a read @Binkie4

just had my first Oxford jab a couple of hrs ago so hopefully the couple of days off work I’ve taken will be sufficient (ever hopeful/in denial)

queuing was just about manageable (10 min wait) and no waiting around afterwards

we are all relieved tbh.

Kitty, JaneL, MEMarge and 4 others like this.
  7. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes
    well so far so good...I’ll see how things go tomorrow. While queueing I was holding my NHS number and trying to remember to get them to put it in the opposite arm to the one I sleep on. I can’t remember which arm they did put it in now and no sign of any mark at the injection site so that’s a good sign.

Just finished the webinar which I thought was fairly honest about what they didn’t know. I liked the Ellie professor who seemed to be quite sensible. They even recognised that having ME meant you couldn’t exercise, even if they didn’t realise that diet is also tricky for some. This was surprising that they gave it air time. I thought the stuff about gut biome, plant-based food and fermented foods was a bit over the top from someone talking about what the science is telling us ...clearly a hobby horse of professor Tim which kind of ruined his credibility for me at the end given how little meaningful science there is on the subject. I think he should stick to a subject field he is expert in :whistle:.

Kitty, Aroa, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  8. Binkie4

I too liked the fact that ME was specifically acknowledged- I should have said that earlier. @arewenearlythereyet . Severe brain fog.

I didn't focus too much on the diet but just have a recollection that Prof Ellie emphasised the importance of having the jab even if you couldn't follow dietary, exercise recommendations.( I think)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  9. Binkie4

I think the webinar covers this @Trish. ( If I remember correctly- I only watched it yesterday!) You are covered even without having strong side effects.

Kitty, MEMarge, MeSci and 3 others like this.
  10. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just as long as there are no parties at your house now Trish. ....( attempt at humour)

This seems to be a big problem, people equating vaccination with immunity.
    Bits popping up on media and news re
    Parties for the inoculated.

A caller to LBC yesterday painted a vi I'd pocture of loud noise and disco lights at his neighbours where he reckoned around a dozen were partying. Weird kind of role reversal!

ETA last paragraph and humour eference)
    ETA the neighbours were in their 80s !

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Kitty, MEMarge, Sarah94 and 2 others like this.
  11. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kitty, JaneL, Binkie4 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dolphin

JaneL, Binkie4, MEMarge and 1 other person like this.
  13. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

14. Dolphin

15. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Snow Leopard, Amw66 and Leila like this.
  16. Perrier

Perrier Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here in Quebec the chronically ill and the disabled have not yet been called to be vaccinated. The focus has been on the over 80s, and presently the over 70s. The 60 year olds come next I believe but I am not sure when that will begin, and then it is the turn of the chronically ill. So, a few more weeks of waiting for those with ME, and other difficult illnesses.

I am a caregiver, so I am not suffering from ME. I qualified for a jab on Friday, as I am the caregiver of a very elderly Mother. I must say, the side effects of the Moderna Vaccine were not pleasant. Upon returning home, I collapsed on the chesterfield and was unable to move my body for several hours; the arm was sore also. There was a general feeling of being unwell. During the night, even yesterday, the discomfort continued until I took Ibuprofen again, as well as Robaxin and believe it or not, 1/4 tablet of Propanalol. I feel alright today. The second jab is scheduled for the end of June--3 months from now. I am not sure if that is good idea or not, but the policy here seems to be to vaccinate the majority of the population with at least one shot. My friends, those who have had 2 jabs, are reporting that staying in bed for several days to one week was not unusual--fever, sick feeling, nausea. They all had the Phizer.

I hope that when my daughter receives her vaccination, things will be bearable.

17. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My sister works at a research hospital abroad, and "many" staff members were sick for a few days after the Oxford vaccine. She gets hers next week.

JaneL, MeSci and Wonko like this.
  18. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

19. Binkie4

For more detail on side effects of Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccine, see details of Zoe study #282. Results report more symptoms with first AZ than second and reverse for Pfizer.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    JaneL, Amw66, Kitty and 3 others like this.
  20. Wits_End

Wits_End Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wonko likes this.