1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Check out the Solve M.E. 2020 ME/CFS Advocacy Week D.C. schedule!

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Andy, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From a Solve email.

It’s finally here – our 2020 ME/CFS Advocacy Week D.C. schedule!

Once again, we’ll be bringing the national ME/CFS community together in Washington, D.C. to advocate for more action and research funding. In addition to our ME/CFS Advocacy Day (where we connect real patients with members of Congress) on Tuesday, April 21, Solve M.E. will also be hosting several educational and community-building events in our nation’s capital throughout the week. At the same time, our friends and neighbors across the country will be joining us by webcast, local advocacy actions and on social media.

This is our 4th Annual Advocacy Week, and each year brings a bigger turnout than the year before AND more opportunities to gather together in the name of progress for ME/CFS!
    • On Monday, April 20, 2020 we’ll host our second annual EmPOWER M.E. Summit, followed by Solving M.E. Together Advocacy Training. Don’t forget your mobile device! Both of these events will be web broadcast for the whole ME/CFS community.
    • Tuesday April 21, 2020 will be our signature ME/CFS Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill with multiple events and your personal meeting schedule with congressional offices. It’s free to participate for all events in-person but, REGISTRATION is required to participate in ME/CFS Advocacy Day on Tuesday April 21, 2020.
    This year will have a special “rest area” separate from basecamp. Materials, transportation, and refreshments throughout the day are provided free of charge!
    • We also hope you’ll stick around for an NIH ME/CFS Special Interest Group presentation at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 followed by our ME/CFS Champions Reception.
    [​IMG]

To register for accommodations at our official event hotel, the Falls Church Marriott, just follow this link: http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/2Uu...h=yWXZDYsarFdl7Z4Bca4DD7M2Ce9oxabapDviszO4hqQ

If you would prefer to make your reservation by phone, please call 1-800-228-9290, and provide the city, state, and name of the hotel you are booking.

For our event, the info to provide is as follows:

Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Week Group Room Block and Event April 2020
    Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
    Falls Church, Virginia
    Special rate of $189 USD - $200 USD per night

I hope you will join us in storming Capitol Hill to share our stories and raise awareness about ME/CFS with those who have the power to aid our cause at the federal level. Together, we can make a difference!

You can always visit http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/202...h=yWXZDYsarFdl7Z4Bca4DD7M2Ce9oxabapDviszO4hqQ for more information.

I can’t wait to see you in D.C.!

[​IMG]

P.S. Applications for the Solve M.E. Travel Awards for 2020 Advocacy Week are now open! CLICK HERE to fill out and submit an online application. Deadline for applications is Feb. 21st!

Yessica, Dolphin, rvallee and 3 others like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Political lobbying isn't easy, especially as most of the competition for attention is very well-funded.

What I have seen from past years looks well-organized and competent. It's annoying to have to work with politicians to get physicians to do their job but it seems to be the only way to get them to stop obstructing progress and cause harm. I hope many can participate!

ahimsa, Yessica and Andy like this.