1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bateman Horne Center Will Be A Recruitment Center for the Precision Medicine Initiative

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Melanie, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Louie41, ahimsa, Sunshine3 and 8 others like this.
  2. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There is one thing that bothers me about using Salt Lake City if it is the only recruitment center for ME/CFS and FMS and that is the demographics.

The population is not reflecting the population the diseases appear in and since All of Us states, "By taking into account individual differences in lifestyle, environment, and biology, researchers will uncover paths toward delivering precision medicine" I am thinking they will need to have LA and Chicago recruitment centers to find more people of different lifestyle, environment, and biology. Meaning not of any one faith (lifestyle), clean as anything city and I don't think many are experiencing economic issues like those in LA or Chicago (environment), and well, white (biology). There is a good Hispanic or Latino population but not enough Asian, African Americans, and other minorities.

They are going to have to work on getting other recruitment centers or ME/CFS and FMS are going to be a "white middle-class disease" and people of other economic groups and color are not going to be studied. As usual.

The staff at Batemen Horne.

Louie41, shak8, Keebird and 2 others like this.