1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Article: Verywell: Exercise for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by Andy, Jan 3, 2019.

1. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'd say about twenty years before it is significant.

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I guess these people never heard of professional athletes and ultra marathon types.

Do too much and of course you will fall ill. Do too little and you will remain ill. Like I said: Catch-22 disease.

Tripe. Tripe tripe tripe. Tripe tripe tripe tripe tripe tripe.

Mij, Snow Leopard and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Definitely quicker than this for severe bed-bound patients but that's about 10% or so. I've never been bedbound, thankfully. Plenty of otherwise healthy people are actually less active than I am even at my sickest. Some people really hate moving around and yet they are merely highly sedentary, deconditioning simply doesn't work like that.

But then again we are dealing with people who keep mocking us for "staying in bed and pouting" while also being "relatively active" during PACE trial and as such not needing actimeter testing since we clearly are sedentary, not pathologically deconditioned. Wearing an actimeter is obviously too much of a burden but clearly it can't be actual patients doing all those FOI requests and writing to medical journals since we are so sick.

Tails they win, heads we lose. What a nightmare.

Annamaria and feeb like this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, but this was only during the viral onset. Years later after a diagnosis of ME (when I was improving) the endorphins came back and I felt like a million bucks after a 30 minute jog, until the next day of course when PEM set in.

5. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't doubt it. I was being provocative. For those with a relapsing/remitting form the deconditioning model in no way fits the facts. But why let evidence get in the way of a tidy story?

Annamaria and adambeyoncelowe like this.