1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

An Alzheimer treatment: lecanemab (Biogen)

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by rvallee, Dec 9, 2019.

1. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2022
    shak8, Peter Trewhitt and Wonko like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Isn't it that amyloid may be an association with Alzheimer's, but it hasn't been shown to be a cause?

My father died from complications of Alzheimer's, and his 2 nieces died of it in their 50s, so I'm really hoping my sister and I can head off cognitive decline. The treatment I find interesting is red-light brain therapy, which I learned about when I used to do neurofeedback at a biofeedback clinic. Some red light therapy devices are available for home use. This kind of therapy appeals to me because it omits pharmaceutical companies.

It's early days, but there are promising studies. One brand of red light stimulation therapy for cognitive improvement is the Canadian company Vielight. Here are some of the studies they list:

https://www.vielight.com/research/

Also, if you google Alzheimer's and gamma waves, you'll see studies showing cognitive improvement when the brain is stimulated to increase gamma brain waves, 40 Hz.

RedFox and Peter Trewhitt like this.