1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alone and Needing Back Surgery-need advice

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by LucyLouWho, Aug 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. erin

erin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So sorry not being here and not following how you were @LucyLouWho, I had my internet cut for 10 days and so unwell to get out and about to any cafe etc to get connected.

All the meds you're taking; especially steroids cause distended stomach. Are you eating well? I hope you get food delivered?Are you well enough to look after yourself?

2. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Are allowed to ask why not? Are you seeing a physical therapist? Just lying in bed in pain is not helpful (as you are no doubt noticing). :banghead:

This just struck me as funny - a person lying in bed unable to move talking about moving to a different country :hug:

4. LucyLouWho

LucyLouWho Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hey guys, it's so confusing. I have a fibroid that is 7 cm. Then one that is 1.8 cm. So, the doctor feels the pain is coming from he fibroid hitting my nerves. The fibroid is pressing on my bladder. I have to have a hysterectomy...a partial. I have had many surgeries and am full of scar tissue due to endometriosis. I had two periods last month and after the periods, the pain totally abated.

So, that is why I am now pursuing the fibroid. I still have pain, but I can function pretty well now that I have no period. It's like it just went away.

Another strange symptom of course. Only a Misfit Toy would get this.

5. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hope you can get this sorted soon @LucyLouWho

Best wishes Andy

6. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Glad you've had some relief from the pain and I hope this is the solution you need - let us know how you get on @LucyLouWho

7. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Human bodies are so mysterious and inventive! I would never had thought of a fibroid causing this! But all scientific amazement aside, I'm happy that you figured it out and I very much hope that the surgery will totally cure this and that you, Dr. Sherlock M.T. Holmes, will have a smooth recovery!

8. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What a relief that is ! I thought you sounded familiar, now I know why...

Let’s hope this freaking pain never comes back. And I hope this EMT jerk was fired.

MEMarge, Hutan, LucyLouWho and 3 others like this.
  9. LucyLouWho

Hi @Dechi -thanks everyone. I saw a neurosurgeon yesterday. Male. He said to me, "A fibroid would never cause pain like that. A cyst would but not a fibroid." I responded, "That literally makes no sense. Cysts are filled with fluid. Fibroids are a mass that is hard that are the size of grapefruits, cantaloupes, how do you figure a cyst can do that and not a fibroid?" He was stumped.

All the docs that saw me in the hospital were male. They totally overlooked it. Men need a pimple or mass on their pecker...then they can tell me a thing or two! LOL. :jawdrop:

10. andypants

Hi @LucyLouWho - It just occurred to me that I haven’t seen you around for a while. Hope you are ok!

Skycloud, LucyLouWho, Lisa108 and 8 others like this.
  11. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@LucyLouWho

You may be able to qualify for Skilled Nursing Care coverage thru Medicare. Also I see that days 1 thru 20 of it are covered in full by Medicare. Do you have the energy to look into this, if not I'm available to help and do some research into it for you if you would like. Let me know. I too am on SSDI and Medicare.

https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/skilled-nursing-facility-snf-care

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Skycloud, LucyLouWho and andypants like this.
  12. LucyLouWho

@andypants -I am so sorry. And to everyone here and on the other site. I have been sick and then I put off getting the fibroid out until after the holidays. I would like to have holidays and time for work. I have been making some money with working. So, the best thing is to put it off until January 17th.

I am supposedly in menopause. My estrogen came back so low and so did progesterone, etc. I have to have the FSH. SO, my doc put me on estrogen..small amount.

Thank you so much. Just write here and I will return.

@TrixieStix -I am being told by doctors I do not qualify for care. That I have to hire someone privately. I will look this up! HE said I need someone for 7 days.

TY so much!!!

MEMarge, WillowJ, TrixieStix and 3 others like this.
  13. andypants

@LucyLouWho don’t be sorry, your health comes first! Just worried about you :)

MEMarge, WillowJ, Skycloud and 2 others like this.
  14. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member (Voting Rights)