1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

AFME decide Geneva is where their #millionsmissing contribution should be

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Cinders66, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The virtual black out on the subject from the main charities is somwthing I've raised on here. I also raised it on Saturday , yesterday, on AFMEs page when they casually added that as well as Geneva they'd be in Bristol, no response. Before that on Wednesday I copied the millions missing post advertising all the cities involved onto their visitors posts page. Riding whatever wave looks popular whilst really not supporting either a patient movement or its aims, not sure which, is what I believe is happening, that might sound grossly cynical. I'm not a member so I cAnt say if they've promoted it in their magazines. If #ME action uk gets official leadership, maybe we will know how much co operation there really is going on.

Sly Saint, adambeyoncelowe and Inara like this.
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

But why not promote it, if you believe you promote, if you don't why attend. Is about looking to do the right thing only, is it about exploiting it for a semblance of action, is it professional pride so they don't want to follow another group, is it about being too aligned to the CMRC to want a patient uprising, is it about being against promoting direct action as it's something unsavoury? And Sonya chowdhury herself seems missing from action doesn't she?