1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

2020: How to sign the EU-petition on a request for funding for biomedical research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (No0204/2019) - now closed

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by ME/CFS Skeptic, Feb 1, 2020.

1. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How to sign the EU-petition on a request for funding for biomedical research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (No0204/2019)

1) Go to the EU website:
    https://petiport.secure.europarl.europa.eu/petitions/en/petition/content/0204%2F2019/html/missinglink

2) Click register at the top right corner of your screen.
    upload_2020-2-1_20-58-33.png
    3) Fill in your name, country and address. Add your email and choose a username, password and security question. Fill in the CAPTCHA test (to prove you’re not a computer) and click to agree with the privacy statement document.
    upload_2020-2-1_20-58-55.png
    4) An email will be sent to you as confirmation. Go to your email address and click on the link provided in the email to activate your account. If you can’t find the email, check your SPAM folder.
    upload_2020-2-1_20-59-38.png
    5) By clicking the link you will have activated your account. Go to the EU petitions website and log in with your newly created username and password.
    upload_2020-2-1_20-59-58.png
    6) Type Myalgic Encephalomyelitis in the search bar to find petition No 0204/2019 by Evelien Van Den Brink.
    upload_2020-2-1_21-0-52.png

If you can’t find the petition you can also use this link: https://petiport.secure.europarl.europa.eu/petitions/en/petition/content/0204%2F2019/html/missinglink
    upload_2020-2-1_21-1-7.png
    7) Press the blue button “Support this petition” at the bottom right of your screen.
    upload_2020-2-1_21-1-43.png
    8) Press the green button “Support” to sign the petition.
    upload_2020-2-1_21-2-1.png

Hurray! You’ve just signed the petition. Thanks for your support!
    upload_2020-2-1_21-2-14.png
    Please help us find friends, family members or fellow patients who might be willing to sign the petition. Signing it is only a small effort but it could have important consequences. If the petition becomes one of the most signed EU-petitions ever, it will be harder to ignore the demand for more funding for ME-research.

If signing the petition online is not an option, you can also sign the paper version.
    People living outside the EU (which now includes citizens of the United Kingdom) cannot sign the online version but they can sign the paper version.

To sign the paper version:

1) Print out this template and fill in your contact information and signature:

2) Make a photograph of the hand-signed paper sheet or scan it and send it to: eu.me.petition@gmail.com

Please make sure the scans or photos are sharp and well-lit.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    lycaena, Hutan, JaneL and 5 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Andy likes this.
  3. Wits_End

Wits_End Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is this a new one? And if so, can we Brits still sign it?

4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

No, it's the existing one, and only people from countries still in the EU can sign it electronically. Apparently that restriction doesn't apply to paper copies, instructions for which are given at the end of the opening post of this thread.

Hutan likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

rvallee and lycaena like this.
  6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just got this email about it:

From: NOREPLY-PETIPORT@ep.europa.eu <NOREPLY-PETIPORT@ep.europa.eu>
    Sent: Friday, March 22, 2024 4:33 AM
    Subject: EP Petitions Portal - Change of Status

This is an automated message to inform you that the status of petition Request for funding for biomedical research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) (0204/2019) that you supported has been updated.

Just click on the link below, or cut and paste it into your web browser, to view the page associated with your petition:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/peti...esearch+on+Myalgic+Encephalomyelitis+%28ME%29

JohnTheJack likes this.
  7. Hutan

Is this the update you mean @Dolphin?

Dolphin likes this.
  8. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I wasn't sure what the update referred to specifically so hope somebody could clarify without me having to read too much.

Hutan likes this.
  9. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It says that the status has been updated. The status currently says "closed". I guess that is the update?

Hutan likes this.
  10. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Actually, in the "Related information" section there is a PDF titled " Notice to Members". It is dated to January 2024. Maybe this is the update? It seems to be a summary.

I'll copy the 2024 part here:

Hutan, Sean and Dolphin like this.
  11. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

12. Hutan

X thread continues:
    Thanks EMEC.

Dolphin, Sean, tmrw and 2 others like this.