1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Guidelines for ME/CFS outdated and dangerous”

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Simone, Sep 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Simone

Simone Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A member of the Australian ME/CFS community was networking at a medical writers’ conference recently, and met Felicity Nelson, a medical writer who later expressed an interest in writing about issues with clinical guidelines for ME/CFS. This is the resulting article.

“The tide is slowly turning against GET, with the CDC in the US now warning doctors that patients with ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) cannot tolerate vigorous exercise regimens.

NICE is aware that the evidence to support GET with CBT is shaky and is in the process of revising its recommendations. But new guidelines won’t be issued for another two years. That is too long for Australian patient advocate groups, Emerge Australia and ME/CFS Australia, which have both expressed concerns.”

http://medicalrepublic.com.au/guidelines-mecfs-outdated-dangerous/16761

fossil, Hutan, ahimsa and 28 others like this.
  2. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yep.

ahimsa, rvallee, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  3. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sadly, these days she also needs to add central sensitization to the list. :(

Although why "they" keep coming up with new theories to promote a therapy when that therapy clearly doesn't work is beyond me.

ukxmrv, DokaGirl, rustyj and 7 others like this.
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

$$$$$$$$££££££££€€€€€€€

andypants and adambeyoncelowe like this.