1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is The Guardian's coverage on ME/CFS so poor?

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Hoopoe, Jul 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Michelle

Michelle Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In addition to comments upthread about the SMC, "people who like to imagine they're part of some sophisticated intellectual elite, but want simple narratives can't be bothered to really look into the evidence," (seriously, @Esther12, this 100%!) and it being a small "c" conservative paper of the Establishment, professional-managerial class (and always has been rather than being a "leftist" paper), there's a comment my partner shared with me from the Grauniad's comments section on another piece stating that it's basically got a business model that depends on the use of freelancers and interns to write click-bait articles in order hoover up personal data. The latest piece being there to snare enraged ME patients and smug pseudo-intellectual professionals.

Sean, Snowdrop and rvallee like this.
  2. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had to google 'action t4'...from wiki...

Aktion T4 (German, pronounced [akˈtsi̯oːn teː fiːɐ]) was a postwar name for mass murder through involuntary euthanasia in Nazi Germany.

Yep, sure seems like the same modus operandi.

_______

Heck, I may have been ignorant of 'action T4', but even my first thought about the 'article' was that it was blatant propaganda. The other term that came to mind was 'product placement'.

_______

For your ease of reference...

elephant wastebasket.jpg

-----------

What org is currently leading the way on #s 1 to 7?

Samuel likes this.