1. The 'News In Brief' post for w/c 8th October is now available Guest, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Whole-exome sequencing uncovers oxidoreductases DHTKD1 and OGDHL as linkers between mitochondrial dysfunction and eosinophilic esophagitis (2018)

Discussion in 'Health News and Research unrelated to ME/CFS' started by hixxy, Apr 21, 2018.

1. hixxy

hixxy Established Member (Voting Rights)

I thought some others might also find this interesting. I have EoE and my EoE and stomach problems flare from exertion and it's becoming pretty obvious it's playing quite a big role in my disease. I've also suspected that I have severe mitochondrial dysfunction in these organs but unable to prove it definitively.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29669943

adambeyoncelowe, Samuel and Hutan like this.
  2. Samuel

Samuel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

interesting that it could be mitochondrial.

i have many esophagus issues, but don't know what causes them. i have been assuming that one was caused by a gastroscopy biopsy that did not heal [it started right after it], and most are caused by vagus nerve issues. but that could be wrong. are there good blood or urine tests?

3. hixxy

hixxy Established Member (Voting Rights)

For EoE? No. It's diagnosed via esophageal biopsy collected during endoscopy. I think it's pretty routine to test for EoE now but I could be wrong, maybe they only test if someone is symptomatic.

Samuel likes this.