1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Cares About Publication Integrity?, 2022, Grey, Avenell & Bolland

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by CRG, Nov 23, 2022.

1. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Scholarly Kitchen - Blog of the Society for Scholarly Publishing

Who Cares About Publication Integrity?

Editor’s Note: Today’s post is by Andrew Grey, Alison Avenell, and Mark Bolland. Andrew is a clinical endocrinologist and Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Auckland. Alison is a medically trained clinical biochemist and a Professor at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Mark is a clinical endocrinologist and Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Auckland.

"No one questions the critical importance of a reliable biomedical literature. Universities teach research integrity, publishers espouse it fulsomely, government agencies debate and endorse it. There are definitions, recommendations, and guidelines. Yet the cases described above are but a few of the many examples of the slow, opaque, inconsistent, frustrating, and unsatisfactory outcomes of tumbling into the rabbit hole of publication integrity. Watching paint dry is ultimately more fulfilling: at least the paint will be dry eventually. Why is achieving and maintaining publication integrity so fraught? Could it be that the main protagonists don’t actually care?"

More at: https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2022/08/18/guest-post-who-cares-about-publication-integrity/

Maat, Michelle, Sly Saint and 9 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks. I get the impression this is quite an influential site - I keep meaning to follow them more than I do.

Sean, Peter Trewhitt and alktipping like this.