1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What I Was Really Telling My GP When I Swore at Her in the Exam Room - Suzette Bishop

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"
    I’m not proud of cursing out a former GP. On top of that, I think she may have been even shorter than me, a very petite and soft-spoken woman.

I had been going to her for over a year, and I was back for a routine follow-up. I was feeling especially exhausted that day. I must have looked it. She was shocked when she came into the exam room. “You look so tired! Are you OK?” This was “normal” for me.

The doctor ordered blood tests immediately even though I hadn’t been fasting. My sugar levels turned out to be a bit elevated. Later, I realized it was probably the banana I added to my cereal that morning. A fasting test later came back with normal sugar levels."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/we...en-i-swore-at-her-in-the-exam-room/ar-BBLuy2R

Snow Leopard, Inara, EzzieD and 8 others like this.
  2. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well done article. Also open ended, not a common way to end articles these days, i like it.

Squeezy likes this.
  3. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Very disappointed the article didn't quote the swearwords.

Snow Leopard, Inara, EzzieD and 2 others like this.