1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What I learned about weight loss from spending a day inside a metabolic chamber

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by WillowJ, Sep 23, 2018.

1. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

The great thing about plummeting it's one of those tasks where no memory or concentration is required, it's one of the few things ME sufferers can do just as well as everyone else. Surprised there hasn't been a study on it.

andypants, Trish and Wonko like this.
  2. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm not convinced that's true, largely due to that damned cat (and the suggested nature of reality according to quantum mechanics), which suggests there is a probability that objects only exist, have the properties of physical existence, when observed, if I'm falling, when nothing else is in a position to observe, and I get distracted, so I am no longer an observer.....do I hit the ground? cease to exist? turn into a bowl of geraniums?

ETA - it has occured to me, that any of these options could result in significant weight loss, for me as an individual, the total mass of the system comprising the earth and myself would probably not be significantly affected. Of course the main change would likely be a redistribution of weight caused by my ceasing to exist as me.

But as a weight loss method....it would theoretically seem quite effective, and possibly rapid.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018