1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video of 9 Nov TED interview with Jen Brea

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sasha, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

30-minute interview originally broadcast live, with questions from the online audience, possibly (I haven't watched it yet):

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

212,894 views already!

I knew this was going on, but it was just when I was getting dinner. Probably would have been wise to prioritise asking questions there.

I keep being busy when I want to be able to do stuff on-line at a set time. I've now had too much of my life devoid of time-management.

3. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is tough to watch, like all of Jen's interviews. I'm not sure I'd do so well if I had to repeat over and over my answer to the question, "so, it was a diagnosis of conversion disorder at first, right? Which is hysteria" and having to explain the loss of identity that comes with ME over... and over... and over again without beginning to sound like a robot.

Thank you Jen, for persisting. Just continuing to respond articulately during an interview this long would be challenging for anyone with ME.

Missense, ahimsa, Hutan and 17 others like this.
  4. MErmaid

MErmaid Guest

And to add to your wise comments, Jen remains upbeat, positive, and compassionate while she is traveling to attend film screenings and interviews.

ahimsa, Hutan, Trish and 5 others like this.