1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update from Ron Davis April 2019 Interview with BenH

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Apr 8, 2019.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It may depend on what is meant by "remove". Best as I understand/recall it, they filtered the serum so that it was divided into two sections: serum with small stuff, and serum with big stuff. The particle in question was in the "big stuff" section, but with other big stuff.

They may have done other things since the last video I was able to watch.

This sounds like more tests that you know of.
    But still might not isolate the exact particle? Else they might have been able to identify it or at least say what kind of particle it was.

Kitty and rvallee like this.
  2. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm very interested in the nanoneedle, but my concern is the cellular dysfunction is further downstream. 2 people found no benefit with copaxone on PR, 1 or 2 found no benefit with suramin. So it might not be the drug screener we all hoped it would be.

Of course knowing what wacks the cells out may be helpful, if you could reverse engineer where it's coming from. But that seems a monumental task.

Yuno, Aroa and Perrier like this.
  3. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Re: Sweating

Among the symptoms listed in the CCC is:
    I had night sweats early on, but then later I developed a sort of overreaction to changes in temperature. If I walked from a mildly cold outdoor environment to a warmer indoor location, I would start to sweat - a lot - for about half an hour. No one else around me seemed affected the way I was. It's not like I was jogging outdoors. I was just crossing a parking lot or something similar. The only other times I can remember experiencing this kind of sweating reaction prior to ME was when I was just returning to activity following a "flu."

4. Aroa

Aroa Established Member (Voting Rights)

I honestly felt disheartned by this update.

It looks like we went back in time : mold , Mercury, and “something in the blood”.... the same as two years ago

And we know NOTHING about dr. Naviaux validation study who has been swallowed up by the earth or dr Synder study.

I don’t think the tryp/ trap will lead to anything. dr. Phair doesn’t look very convinced (EDIT to change enthusiastic by convinced) about it either.

I feel worried about the contradictions about the T CELL study between both Davis: Ron and Mark, the only OMF project funded by the NIH so far.

And Finally I don’t see much collaboration with Nancy Klimas ( she never attended to Stanford Symposiums) and IMO she seems to be more focus on the problem.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  5. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Where did you get that impression from Robert Phair @Aroa I thought he was all enthusiastic. I did not see any video footage of him recently though..

6. Aroa

Aroa Established Member (Voting Rights)

I got that "impression" from the other forum. But it doesn´t mean that other Traps may pan out.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Barry likes this.
  7. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @Aroa... Glad he is going to keep going anyhow

Aroa likes this.
  8. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Reading that message, I wouldn't conclude Dr phair isn't enthusiastic. I'd just say he is doing a good job about not being over enthusiastic.

Trish, ukxmrv and Barry like this.
  9. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Do we have permission to copy and paste messages from PR?

I'm just going to add this from HTester:

"To me, the evidence for dysfunctional energy production in CFS is just not compelling. There are many reports of small changes in Seahorse experiments, and a few reports of changes in mitochondrial morphology, but as a physiologist, I was more taken by the Vermuelen 2014 CPET paper (J Transl Med), which I still recommend to everyone as a classic in CFS research".

I'm a bit confused regarding this statement.

Aroa, Sly Saint, Hutan and 4 others like this.
  10. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trish, Lisa108 and Mij like this.
  11. Erikmoldwarrior

Erikmoldwarrior New Member

I never understood why CFS researchers weren't interested in the mold clue.
    This was no idle speculation or wild hypothesis cooked up by snake oil salesmen looking for a score.
    It was the very clue that started the "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

Dr Scott McMahon at the January Mold Congress in Fort Lauderdale Florida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqiPNnqvOA

Moderator note: Discussion of mold has been moved to a new thread:
    Mold as a possible cause of CFS Please continue the discussion there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019
  12. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The slow pace of progress is also because they are very thorough and want to publish findings that are really true and relevant.

I like that they are listening to patients and testing unconvential ideas. One reason for the historical lack of progress could very well be that the illness is unconvential and that people have been looking at it wrong.

Kitty, EzzieD, Trish and 2 others like this.