1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unrest now on Netflix

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Joh, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hi @Valentijn, I wanted to ask you since the Million Missing protests but forgot. The person who is holding your picture is wearing all these medals. Are these your medals from martial arts? I think I remember that you once wrote that you had to stop it when your ME started (or was it another sport)? :emoji_medal::emoji_military_medal::emoji_medal::emoji_military_medal:
    You're very famous! You're also in the Unrest trailer and the coolest Millions Missing video ever!

Valentijn and Trish like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Guest

No, not my medals, and I only got to yellow belt, before constantly "catching the flu" made me drop out. Though I did win a lot of state Academic Decathlon medals back in the day :cool:

Ooer, didn't realize I was in the trailer too! I really have a very strong aversion to watching any video that's meant to be somewhat informational :p

Trish and Joh like this.
  3. Joh

I'm sorry to inform you that you're in the very informational TED Talk. :) The good news is that I was totally confused yesterday and you're not in the trailer (sorry!!). What does Decathlon mean?

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Joh

Just found out - wowsa, ten kinds of sport! Edited to add: And now I read that Academic Decathlon is a thinking competition! Just as impressed and maybe I should read first and then post.

Trish and Valentijn like this.
  5. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I noticed this when I watched, and thought "I hope @Valentijn never sees this, she'll be all over the forum like a Hollywood diva."

And now it's too late.

Who knows, maybe soon you'll be able to say that you appear in an Oscar nominated film? Or an Oscar winning film? No need to mention that the Oscar wasn't for your performance, we won't tell anyone ;)

ahimsa, Andy, Trish and 3 others like this.
  6. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just be happy she's not above communicating with us commoners.

ahimsa, Andy, TiredSam and 1 other person like this.
  7. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Umm, what exactly would the difference be?? :whistle:

ahimsa, Solstice, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  8. Joh

For all Germans here, you can also see 2 founding members from the German Association in Unrest, Sebastian and Anja, both say one short sentence. :)

9. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And for Canadians, Priya is in it for a brief second, not a speaking part, but her beautiful self shines forth like the sun she is.

ahimsa and Joh like this.
  10. Joh

And our very own s4me member @Grigor.

Grigor, ahimsa, Allele and 1 other person like this.
  11. RuthT

RuthT Senior Member (Voting Rights)

90600630-99AC-4B76-80FF-A4B3809A43BA.gif
    Irresistible to post this for social media refuseniks, as indeed, I was once.

NB Edited have converted the file to a thumbnail, as is v tiring to watch Mrs Doyle in full “Go on, go on” mode stuck in an eternal loop!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Revel, Allele, Trish and 3 others like this.
  12. MESteveW

MESteveW Established Member

I watched it and found it very intense but well done...there is a lot more to say about the science but for the lay person I think the main points were well laid out and its a huge achievement to have made it. I could never be so honest on camera about my feelings and found it difficult to watch at times but it is true and authentic.
    I hope it makes some impact, my flatmate thought it was really good. It did get to me a bit and I think I was dreaming about it last night...

In terms of critique I think it was a bit weak about the need for funding. Perhaps she didn't want to directly ask but she only touched on the funding issue which is really the main point - with just NORMAL funding for the size and impact of illness it could probably be close to sorted within ten years IMO...

Indigophoton, Valentijn and Trish like this.
  13. cyclamen

cyclamen Established Member (Voting Rights)

I wanted to watch it with german subtitels together with some friends new to the Concepts of ME, doing some awareness work. But NETFILIX denied the connection with my TV :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:. Never had this problem before and I could not fix it in time.

Trish and Joh like this.
  14. Cheshire

Cheshire Moderator Staff Member

15. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)