1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unrest now on Netflix

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Joh, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Wyva, ahimsa, lycaena and 18 others like this.
  2. Joh

This was the info Jen posted in the Facebook group "Time for Unrest":
    People already posted that it's available in the UK.
    Does anybody know if it's available in Germany? I don't have Netflix bit I'd love to tell other people who do.

3. MarcNotMark

MarcNotMark Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not really an answer to your question but it's available in the Netherlands now, even with Dutch subs :thumbup:

ETA: also German subtitles so probably also available in Germany
    ETA2: also Spanish and French subtitles

4. Joh

Thanks for letting me know and awesome that it's on Netflix in the Netherlands! :emoji_computer::heart_eyes: Not sure if the German subtitles mean anything or if they just give all available subtitles to chose (that were created earlier for all sources).

By the way, most foreign language subtitles are being edited during the next weeks, I'm on the German team, because the professional translators messed up the ME/CFS-related terms (e.g. they used newly invented abbreviations for CFS in the German subtiles: CMS and CES (for chronic tiredness and chronic exhaustion syndrome), that don't exist and made some typos and other mistakes). The edited version will be updated to the streaming sites (so the streams that were already bought will be updated too). That's the reason that it takes longer to buy the DVD with foreign subtitles than originally planned (December 2017) because they wanted to first update the subtitles before it can be ordered. Hope that makes sense, no brain for English today. :)

5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Available in Norway - AND with subtitles :thumbup:

6. Andy

Andy Committee Member

And also available in the UK with Arabic, English, French, Polish and Traditional Chinese subtitles.

ETA: Sorry, Joh had already confirmed this. At least I provided the super-useful list of subtitles. ;)

7. Aroa

Aroa Established Member (Voting Rights)

I don´t see it in Netflix Spain (so far) :(

8. Andy

Andy Committee Member

In case it's of use to anybody, I wrote the following to accompany my share of Unrest's post on Facebook
    Just like so many other people have mentioned previously, I rarely get any visible response that anybody has seen or has been interested in what I post about ME, but I have had verbal feedback that people have seen, and even read, what I post but don't know how to respond, so they don't respond in anyway. So I now post with no expectation of anything, other than practicing my social media posting skills. :)

9. MErmaid

MErmaid Guest

It’s a “yes”, on Netflix in the USA.
    Subtitles in English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese

10. MErmaid

MErmaid Guest

?

Is the intent of your post to receive constructive feedback from others, about how you could modify your wording in the future to gain a more desired impact?

11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Available in Australia.

12. Effi

Effi Established Member (Voting Rights)

Available in Belgium, with Dutch/French/German subtitles.

13. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Its fantastic that its on netflix at all. It never even occured to me that it could end up on there. Its done so well :trophy@ :)

14. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Glad you posted this @Andy i don't get responses to info either - although I did get a couple of emails pinged back in the summer when I asked people sign the petition to NICE for the guideline review. I was having a chat on the phone yesterday with one of my small circle of friends - not spoken with her for a couple of months and she actually mentioned unrest she hasn't seen it but has obvs read my emails/ the indi article. So that's encouraged me and I will keep emailing them every few months whenever there's a good hook like the indi article.

Invisible Woman, Allele, Joh and 5 others like this.
  15. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I make a point of reading everything you post and most of the links you post, which I don't do for everyone - there are just too many links posted to keep up. I rarely have anything sensible to contribute in response though, which is my failing, not yours.

16. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I think @Andy was referring to rarely getting responses from non-ME contacts to things he posts about ME on Facebook. I have a similar response - most of my friends/family say nothing about the ME stuff I post on FB.

17. Arnie Pye

@Trish Thanks for the clarification, I thought Andy was referring to getting feedback on here. :)

Invisible Woman, Trish and Andy like this.
  18. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Ah shucks, I gained and then lost a Facebook stalker within 30 minutes :(

19. Arnie Pye

I don't have a Facebook account - I'm an old-fogey social media refusenik. :bag::laugh:

20. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm still young-ish but I'm a social media refusenik too :bag: I'll stay this way until the day i'm eventually forced :grumpy: