1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: Survey for C4 Dispatches on Disability Benefits system, deadline end of August 2021

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Sly Saint, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"
    Channel 4 Dispatches Survey: Disability Benefits
    Channel 4 is making a Dispatches programme on how the disability benefits process, as implemented by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), affects disabled people’s health and state of mind.

This survey aims to understand the impact of assessments and other interactions with both the contractors (Atos, Maximus, Capita) and the DWP on the mental and physical health of disabled claimants. We use the term ‘health’ to cover all aspects, both physical and mental. We are not asking for any specific details about your disability.

The survey contains straightforward questions with multiple choice boxes for answering and should only take 15 minutes of your time to complete.

Please note that this survey is only relevant to people living in England and Wales (the system of disability benefit assessments is different in Northern Ireland and Scotland).

Please complete the survey by the end of August at:

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/centreforwelfarereform/ "

https://www.centreforwelfarereform.org/news/channel-4-diity-benefits/00552.html

I've done it. Very quick, completely anonymous no personal details apart from ethnicity, age and which benefits.

I guess from all the questions at the end that it is trying to see if suicides are related to disability benefit claims.

eta: only thing to watch for is some of the questions seem the same but one is 'positive' and the other 'negative'.

Wits_End, alktipping, MeSci and 4 others like this.
  2. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

But why 2 days notice?

alktipping, Peter Trewhitt and Daisy like this.
  3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I only just found it.

4. Agapanthus

Agapanthus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @Sly Saint
    I will send it to my son. I act as his representative as he is mentally too fragile most of the time to do the paperwork himself. He had an assessment earlier this year by IAS for PIP having been on Enhanced Daily Living and the assessor gave him NIL points. I have been helping him deal with the fallout (part of which involved discovering that he had taken 3 overdoses Nov to Feb and not told anyone - can't claim they were specifically due to the process but it doesn't help).

This week I became Mrs Angry having discovered that A.N.Other at the DWP had forgotten to trigger off the process of Mandatory Reconsideration 8 weeks ago when the paperwork was sent off to them (2 A.N.Others actually as 2 phone calls). I was told by chap on phone it would be another 10 week wait for result.

I have done 3 official complaints this week -
    1. the Health Trust (psychiatrist who had never met my son or read his file properly put the boot in with his ill informed report to the DWP, and the Out of Hours Service did nothing when my son rang them after his 3rd overdose, but thankfully survived it),

2. the DWP verbally - Case Manager says 10 weeks not correct apparently and his review to be done 'imminently'.

3. IAS Assessor based on his shoddy assessment which ignored every bit of evidence other than the bits he liked ie the psychiatrist who made incorrect statements such as 'didn't know of any reason why **** might need help with Daily Living' which IAS translated into 'didn't need help with Daily Living'.

I am ill myself with ME/CFS and other stuff, and am exhausted from the process let alone my son whose finances have been plunged into some crisis over having over half his income suddenly gone. So far this has been going on since last Sept. and after this we will probably get the paperwork for ESA.

alktipping, MeSci, MEMarge and 4 others like this.