1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: NeuroLifeNow: regular surveys of people with neurological conditions

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Andy, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Who are we?

NeuroLifeNow was launched in January 2021 as a vehicle for change. Through the innovative web-based technology, we have captured real-time evidence from people across the UK about the stark realities they face accessing treatment, support and care for their neurological condition(s). NeuroLifeNow is a research platform that unifies and amplifies your voice to drive improvements that could transform the lives of millions.

NeuroLifeNow is a social research platform owned by national charity, The Brain and Spine Foundation who collaborate with the Neurological Alliance of England to influence UK Governments and decision makers. We are tired of people with neurological conditions not getting the support they need. By coming together we can help to change that faster.

https://neurolifenow.org/about-neuro/

To take the latest survey, which asks about the impact of the cost of living crisis on you as well as your recent experiences with the medical system, https://neurolifenow.org/surveys/

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone know if they consider those with ME to be eligible?

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Participants can select either Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a condition they have.

4. livinglighter

livinglighter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

I think if you’re able to email it would be worth informing AFME and MEA and asking them to take this up with the BSF people.

6. livinglighter

livinglighter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Will do, it's on my lengthy to-do list. I have more planned correspondence with the charity so I will point out that the condition is recorded as neurological on SNOMED CT and accepted by NHS England.

I'll make a new post once done.