1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

(UK) Living with M.E. A Photographic Study by Jeremy Jeffs

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Dolphin, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ME Association · Living with M.E. A Photographic Study by Jeremy Jeffs

Would you be willing to participate and share your ME journey?

Photographer Jeremy Jeffs is looking for more people to take part in a project that aims to give identity and visibility to people who are living with M.E.

For the past 2 years Jeremy, who has M.E. himself, has been travelling around the country photographing people in their homes, with the aim of showing the many ways in which the disease affects people.

https://meassociation.org.uk/d7fb

EndME, bobbler, Lindberg and 8 others like this.
  2. Fainbrog

Fainbrog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I met Jeremy at our local ME Group at the start of the year and have been trying to schedule a time for him to come and take some pics of me. Circumstances have interfered with our success on that front..but am hopeful we will get there eventually. I saw some of his pics and they were thoughtful and respectful of the subjects. Will be a great collection when it's presented.

ETA- this has reminded me to ping him to try to schedule (so, thanks for sharing :))

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  3. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

Just bumping up this thread on the project by Jeremy, who is a member here but I can't find his @ to tag him.

Jeremy came to my house about 18 months ago at the start of the project. He is a film-maker with his own company. He also has ME. Over this time he has been travelling around the country and photographing ME patients in their home, covering all his expenses himself.

The project has evolved since our last meeting. Jeremy is now taking pictures of people in the places they rest. It’s up to each person to tell him what they feel comfortable with and to choose the place.

As a result, Jeremy came back to my place last Sunday and did another shoot, this time on the theme. As someone who is affected by the illness, Jeremy is aware of and understanding of the constraints we live under. I actually found the shoot quite restful, basically just sitting there while he got on with it.

Jeremy is still looking for more patients who may be interested in letting him photograph them and is then hoping to conclude the project this year and exhibit as soon as possible afterwards.

Edited to remove premature mention of interest which has not yet been confirmed.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    Joan Crawford, EndME, EzzieD and 6 others like this.
  4. Fainbrog

Fainbrog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Joan Crawford, EndME, EzzieD and 5 others like this.
  5. JohnTheJack

If anyone is interested. This is the kind of thing Jeremy is doing.

Attached Files:

6. JohnTheJack

I've discussed this with Jeremy and we thought we'd use #LivesUnlived as a hashtag for this project.