1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 11th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK CMRC 2018 Conference - Dr Neil Harrison

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by NelliePledge, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

This thread has been split from the CMRC conference thread here

See also the MEA summary page 14.

Dr Neil Harrison presented on 'MRC-funded update: Imaging exercise-induced Post-Exertional Malaise in ME/CFS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfEYNNrvY5w

The info in Neil Harrison’s presentation sounded better than I Expected it wasn’t new just showing the expected CPET result of ME people doing worse on day 2 compared to healthies doing better. Is that the first time anyone in the UK has shown that? If so useful in terms of NICE understanding that it really is exertion intolerance for UK people too.

I didn’t understand though what he was saying about people who have good interoception - better understanding of how their body is functioning - are better at sustaining exercise. I think that’s what he said anyway. Is he really going to say we can’t exerc because we don’t have a good sense of what’s going on in our bodies. Or am I jumping the gun here. I would have thought a logical conclusion would be that if your body isn’t working as it should it would be much harder to know/judge what is going on in your body.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2018
    adambeyoncelowe and Cinders66 like this.