1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial of CT38 for ME/CFS by Cortene Inc.: big claims being made...

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sasha, Feb 9, 2018.

1. rob wijbenga

rob wijbenga Established Member

until subgroups of patients have been clearly defined (in one of them the HPA-axis playing the real havoc) it is risky to enter into such an experience as it may disturb the 'illness-balance' enhancing the symptoms caused by dysfunctions in other bodily systems

very little substantial research on the HPA-axis in ME has been done up till now tho'

obeat, Milo, andypants and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nellie

Nellie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Welcome to the forum @rob wijbenga. I shall watch your interview with Llewelllyn King, thanks for doing it.

Trish likes this.
  3. Mattie

Mattie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

CT38 Trial: Postponed

http://birdbeeme.com/cortene-trial-postponed/
    21-09-2018

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    ukxmrv, inox, Sly Saint and 12 others like this.
  4. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ah jeez...does anything ever go right in the land of M.E!!!?

Inara, andypants and Trish like this.
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Binkie4, Hutan, Indigophoton and 7 others like this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Barry, alex3619, Hutan and 4 others like this.
  7. Dakota15

Dakota15 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hasn't that been confirmed for quite some time...

8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not using thermographic technology. This data matches the Japanese findings using an entirely different method.

MEMarge, Binkie4, Trish and 4 others like this.
  9. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So she can't answer the one question we want the answer to. :wtf:

MEMarge likes this.
  10. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I really wish they would monitor or follow up with patients for longer than just a month after the final injection. It would be so easy to skew results with a placebo effect for such a short time period.

11. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That may be the point

ukxmrv, MEMarge and andypants like this.
  12. melihtas

melihtas Established Member

I think the answer is there.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  13. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought the results of all trials, successful or unsuccessful, were supposed to be published now.

Sarah94 and Yuno like this.
  14. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"I have been dying to write here and tell you all how I am doing, but alas I am still not allowed."

Do you think she would be dying to tell us how she is doing if she had no effect from the treatment..hmmmmmm

15. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Lets hope she is not actually dying.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Snow Leopard, Yuno, Aroa and 2 others like this.
  16. Hopeful1976

Hopeful1976 Established Member

Moderator note: threads merged.

Hi. I received this email last night from Cortene. I wanted to share it with you. Its given me some hope. I emailed a year ago to enquire about an update and am now on their mailing list. I posted on PR and was advised to put on here too, so i joined up to share:

Dear Friends of Cortene, We are writing to let you know we have just completed our clinical trail in ME/CFS earlier this week. As you may already be aware, the trial was based upon our theory that a single receptor was up-regulated in the brains of ME/CFS patients. It proposed a novel therapeutic approach, in which a short exposure to a novel peptide (CT38) was intended to down-regulate the receptor, leading to symptom improvement. Our small (n=14) trial utilized 3 treatments of CT38, at 4 different dose-levels (no placebo). While we understand you are anxious to hear about our observations, it would be premature to share these until the data has been thoroughly reviewed and analyzed. We anticipate it will take 1-2 months to complete our analysis and write up our findings. That said, we have found the data encouraging and believe they support moving toward a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial. This will require significant funding and we are currently pursuing various channels to support continued development. We look forward to sharing more details soon and thank you for your continued support and patience. Regards, Michael

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
  17. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a bit suspicious of anything that looks like premature hype, but I guess we can see how the double-blind trial goes. Thanks for letting us know.

18. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't think it's hype, these guys seem genuine. It's awful early days yet so no telling how it will go.

MEMarge, Aroa, JaneL and 4 others like this.
  19. Ron

Ron Established Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, they seem genuine. If there data is good they then have to climb that mountain of trying to raise the millions it takes to bring a new drug to market.
    Even if they raise the money we won't see this drug for years. Were better off if we can find an existing drug and re-purpose it.

20. Hank G

Hank G New Member

Even if it only works for some people with ME-CFS (given that there might be so many different causes for the symptoms, this may be expected) we should all be allowed to try it. It certainly can't be any worse than being made to do GET, which makes more people more ill than better! Or to do nothing. How could this drug be worse than that?! So even if just a minority were helped, we should all be allowed to try it, because surely it would be worth it for those people that it does help. But you know that will never happen.

MEMarge likes this.