1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The impact of individual recovery expectations on pain, limitations in activities and return to work in low back pain by Hayden et al. 2019

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by ME/CFS Skeptic, Nov 26, 2019.

1. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Source: https://www.cochrane.org/CD011284/B...ions-activities-and-return-work-low-back-pain

JohnM, MEMarge, Andy and 1 other person like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Because it's unthinkable to integrate the notion that patients may actually have a relatively good assessment of their bodies and that those "expectations" are essentially the equivalent of looking at a very dark sky at midday and saying it's probably going to rain pretty soon. If anything this strongly reinforces that fact. Most people can also tell whether they are capable, right here right now, to do a full marathon. Shocking, I know, people aren't all actually paper-thin caricatures of stupid nerve-wracked emotions and helpless confusion.

Unthinkable. It must be their bad attitude. Aren't we going through this crap right now with Eysenck? Committing the same mistake for the same reasons, so hot right now. Keep that GIGO factory going, Cochrane.

Amw66, Sean, Midnattsol and 1 other person like this.
  3. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can I just point out that my treatment expectations of any condition I see a doctor for are effectively zero. I've been well-trained by the NHS.