1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The distant corona connection.

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by Grigor, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My thoughts on the coronavirus pandemic.

"We are in a crisis! A pandemic! The coronavirus is spreading. The uncertainty of the unknown is probably the most unsettling of the whole situation. Especially for someone with an underlying health condition." "How do you go about being stuck at home? Not being able to see your friends and family? The isolation? The struggle to adjust are real!"

http://anilvanderzee.com/the-distant-corona-connection/

❤️

2. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For myself there is nothing to adjust to.

I have a few small projects, stuff that's been put off for years as they involved 'unnecessary' use of resources, that I now have the bits needed to do (e.g. install a real TV aerial in the loft rather than one of the small plastic things etc.)

These will take a 'while'.

There are a few practical issues involved in not being able to count on external societal infrastructure.

Other than them, and people dying, this is preferable.

If we could do this, with no people dying, and shopping being delivered - that'd be good for me.

At least for a year or 2.

Not as good as not having ME, but better than what was.

3. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very good article, thanks. I too hope that maybe, maybe, this experience will change people's perceptions of a lot of things and in the end lead to some positive changes in the world.

Anna H, ladycatlover, Dolphin and 8 others like this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not much has changed for me either. I've learnt how to cut my own hair from youtube. It turned out pretty nice.

Anna H, Wonko, ladycatlover and 4 others like this.
  5. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Apart from not being able to get food, and feeling terrified of the thought of having my daily private life controlled by a nanny state in order to receive said food, not a lot has changed for me either.

ETA: oh and the inability to take my rubbish downstairs. I may need to start living in the loft to get away from the smell o_O

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    ladycatlover, Dolphin, Trish and 3 others like this.