1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solve ME/CFS Initiative: Discovery Forum 2017: Presentation of Dr. Elizabeth Unger

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, May 6, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN3KrYtdBzo

2. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Still waiting for the CDC to update their "Resources for Healthcare Providers". It's been nearly a year of "Coming Soon".

I understand these things take time, but where is the CDC's sense of urgency?

Doctors in the US still widely don't know how to diagnose ME/CFS. After diagnosis, graded exercise and psychiatric interventions are still routinely prescribed.

cdc.png

Sly Saint, Andy, Trish and 6 others like this.
  3. James

James Established Member (Voting Rights)

Eileen Holderman - In 3hour convo w Dr. Unger @CDCgov in Washington, DC, she expressed 2 me bewilderment @ advocate community outrage over Toolkit [touting GET+CBT] bc "CFIDS [now Solve (SMCI)] wrote it."

Webdog and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  4. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

FFS.

5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

And how long ago was that? Solve changed it's name in 2014.

6. James

James Established Member (Voting Rights)

It was also some time ago that Action for ME supported the PACE Trial but that has not stopped it's portrayal as having the support of the largest charity in the field.

adambeyoncelowe likes this.
  7. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Absolutely ridiculous, Unger has no shame if she turns up at conferences this year still saying website is being updated. As we say in Ireland a shoe in the proverbial is what she needs. The CDC are partly responsible for the mess we are in, one would think it's high time to clean it up ....grrrrr

8. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Besides the point. I asked when Solve were involved in writing in the CDC's Toolkit because 1. I don't know, and 2. It would provide context to the implied criticism of them.

From this blog, http://occupyme.net/2017/09/21/cdc-website-update/, Mary Dimmock reports that it was in existence in 2012,
    so presumably this happened prior to that. So I'm now getting the context that it has been some time and quite a lot has changed between now and then.

While I can understand it, the apparent urge to condemn, seemingly, forever any organisation whose prior management took what we consider a decision or action that is against the best interests of PwME seems to me a huge waste of time and effort.