1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

SMCI announces RFA for Ramsay Award medical research program

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Emily Taylor, May 2, 2018.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

– The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) announced Tuesday that it is now accepting applications for the 2018 cycle of its Ramsay Awards program. SMCI is currently seeking researchers who want to make an impact in the field of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) research.

The Ramsay Awards provide competitive grant funding in basic, preclinical or epidemiological research of ME/CFS. The program is open to investigators at any career stage. Each grant award typically ranges between $35,000 and $55,000 for a one-year period.

The Ramsay Awards are named after ME/CFS pioneer Dr. A. Melvin Ramsay, a recognized authority on ME/CFS from 1955 until his death in 1990.

The Ramsay Award program has three main objectives:

1. Invest in original ideas that could clarify the onset, progression, root causes and natural history of ME/CFS.
    2. Create an environment to attract, support and retain scientists in the ME/CFS community and help awardees generate relevant data to compete for long-term federal funding.
    3. Facilitate collaboration and cross-pollination among dedicated researchers through the sharing of resources and access to additional programming and the SMCI’s network.
    Applications will be accepted between May 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018.
    For details about the application process, please visit: www.solvecfs.org/ramsay-award-program-2018-application/

ahimsa, MEMarge, Aimossy and 7 others like this.