Opinion Rights of the Persons with Invisible Disabilities, 2023, Sarojini

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by Dolphin, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Free fulltext:
    https://www.cpj.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/CPJ-Law-Journal-Issue-2-min.pdf#page=545

Rights of the Persons with Invisible Disabilities Ms. Suganya Jeba Sarojini*

ABSTRACT

Disability can be a very personal experience, making it very challenging to explain precisely. With or without the use of aids their disability is very real.

There are 21 conditions that can qualify a person for disability benefits, the majority of which are obvious impairments.1

Many people who are diagnosed with chronic illnesses or AID are not legally disabled, thus they are not eligible for any disability benefits which is incogitable.

Its challenging in many fronts like in Education, Employment, Insurance - Health care and so on.

And procuring health care benefits becomes even more challenging because of the scarce knowledge on the issue.

2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

An Indian paper - it's a passionately argued call for people with invisible disabilities to be recognised as disabled under Indian legislation.
    As I read this, I'm thinking of the person on social media who suggested that chronic fatigue syndrome doesn't exist in countries where people with it receive no welfare benefit.