1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Report: (ME/CFS) Services in Scotland: Findings from an analysis of surveys issued to NHS Boards in Autumn 2022

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Andy, May 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

"This report analyses survey responses from ten NHS Health Boards in Scotland to understand delivery of ME/CFS services, implementation of the updated ME/CFS NICE guidelines, barriers and opportunities to implementing the guidelines, and options for future ME/CFS service development."

https://www.gov.scot/publications/m...alysis-surveys-issued-nhs-boards-autumn-2022/

MEAction Scotland on Twitter

"This week, @scotgovhealth published findings from an analysis of surveys issued to NHS Health Boards in Autumn 2022, to understand existing support for #pwME (or lack of, as we would argue) and implementation of the 2021 NICE guideline."

"Pleased to see the publication of the report, & the acknowledgement that the survey was a direct result of #MEAction Scotland's meeting with the then Cabinet Secretary for Health, @HumzaYousaf. We'll be calling on @MathesonMichael & @jenni_minto to take this work forward."

"Disappointing to see that 4 Health Boards chose not to respond - @NHSHighland, the largest Board geographically, @NHS_Lothian, one of few identified as having a specific support pathway, @NHSaaa & @NHSGrampian. Also, not all of the 10 who did respond answered all questions."

"We'll go through the report in detail & share a full response when we can (many of us are recovering from last week), but it's clear it conveys the inconsistent approach to #MyalgicE across #Scotland & supports our call for @scotgov funding to increase education & resource."

2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

It's great that this report has been made. Understanding the problem is the first step to fixing it.
    MEAction Scotland have done very well. When I went to make the link to the News from Scotland thread, I saw that MEAction Scotland has been consistently working towards this since at least 2021. :thumbup:

On the twitter thread, someone notes
    That's NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. Disappointing indeed.

Also on the twitter thread, MEAction Scotland say that they are calling for a patient survey to go alongside the report. That would support or cast doubt on the claims the NHS Health Boards are making, and add further information.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    RedFox, bobbler, NelliePledge and 4 others like this.
  3. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde use the former Homeopathy hospital relabelled as a centre for integrative care . Perhaps not so surprising LP is part of this.