1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for Epidemiological Research in ME/CFS from the EUROMENE Epidemiology Working Group. Mudie et al. 2020

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by John Mac, Sep 30, 2020.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202009.0744/v1

2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Disappointing not to see the involvement of the most important people, patients.

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Ummm?
    At a guess this may be referring to Results of the poll to inform the NIH/CDC’s definition of PEM in all their future ME/CFS research.

ETA: Here is the thread where the poll was announced, Do the poll! Are the NIH/CDC going to use the right definition of PEM in all their future research? Deadline 24 January

To clarify, it's great to see the forum name there, I'm just not sure it can be accurately described as a poll BY the forum.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  4. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looks like the paper is mostly about which tests and questionnaires to use when studying ME/CFS. It's probably useful to have a European consensus paper on this, to standardize practices.

5. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very. Frankly there is little to no progress to make without. Barring massively increased funding to make up for the inherent complexity of this problem, and even then. The AIDS model is the one to follow.